Triangle

Uncategorized

I noticed that there are many different meaning behind a triangle tattoo.
Does anyone know what the main meaning behind it is?

1. Isabel writes

I think its the symbol for Air…or the Trinity. But really depends on the person I suppose. I want a triangle tattoo.

2. Mix Matches writes

It's a hipster trend.

3. Caroline writes

It has to do with gender; when pointed upwards it stands for male and downwards means female.

4. Little Miss writes

Dunno what it symbolises, but it looks so simple and delicate. Love the blog :)

5. CHODOMINATOR writes

perfection – based on a philosophy, everything working in thirds

6. Marlène writes

Some says it is lesbian pride. (That can be explained by the fact that a triangle downwards stands for female).

7. xoxo caroline writes

The triangle has to do with the band YACHT. The second picture is of Mitchell Davis (on the left). I have asked him personally before, and it was indeed done in the name of YACHT. So many people (generally hipsters) are getting triangles that YACHT has a section on their site that tells you where you should generally get the tattoo if it is in their name. Here is their "tattoo policy" http://seemysterylights.com/pdfs/YACHT-Tattoo-Policy.pdf

8. Styles Munson writes

Mitchell Davis brought on a lot of YACHT fans, but not everyone understands the meaning of the Triangle. Many of Mitchell Davis' fans question the Triangle's meaning because they do not know. And they do not know because they blindly like triangles because of him.YACHT is a belief system, as well as a band.http://www.teamyacht.com/mission/

9. Natascha writes

In Art it stands vor dynamic and tenseness. For me it's a symbol for stability and constance..

10. Komako writes

its the symbol for homosexuality, pink ones for gays and black ones for lesbians:) freja beha has one on the back of her neck and shes a lesbian.

11. Joel writes

the 3 Ls, Live,Love,Laugh

12. David E. writes

part of it is some stupid hipster trend, but it actually has multiple meanings. http://www.whats-your-sign.com/triangle-meaning.htmli like to think of it as power, intellect, and love.

13. livetsomsofia writes

I've always thought it was a symbol for the holy trinity… The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.I absolutly LOVE your blog btw!

14. Alexandra writes

If I would get a triangle it wouldn’t mean anything to me. I would just get one because it looks so good thou it’s so simple. Love the geometric figures!

15. Mark writes

Triangles can apparently represent many different things. Some words which are associated with the word triangle may include Creativity, Harmony, Proportion, Ascension, Gender, Manifestation, Illumination, Integration, Subjectivity and Culmination.